The spiritual battles of life can be big and daunting, but don’t be afraid, for with knowledge, you can fight and come out victorious. To do that, follow these steps:
Establish and Recognize Your Enemy
The first step to winning the spiritual battles of life is to recognize and establish who your enemy is. In life, your enemy isn’t a person or a thing, but rather an invisible force. This force is one of temptation, evil and sin. Once you recognize who your enemy is, you can begin to work on your defense.
Put on the Armor of God
Humans may not be able to see spiritual warfare, but they can certainly feel its presence. As such, it’s best to protect yourself while you engage in spiritual warfare. To do that, put on the armor of God, which is said to be made of:
• The Breastplate of Righteousness – This breastplate guards your heart against sin and evil.
• The Belt of Truth – With this belt, you can stay true to the word of God and his teachings.
• The Shield of Faith – This is an important piece of spiritual armor, as it is what deflects Satan from entering your mind.
• The Helmet of Salvation – This helmet is for protecting your thoughts, which can be dangerous and sometimes damaging.
• The Sword of the Spirit – This sword is symbolic of the word of God. It is what will help you battle against the spiritual forces of evil.
Prayer and Meditation
Along with putting on the armor of God, it is important to pray and meditate. Prayers to God can help you stay on the path of righteousness and can help you stay away from sin. Meditating is also important, as it can help you stay centered and focused on your spiritual goal.
Be Strong and Persistent
Once you have all the tools in place, it is important to be strong and persistent in your battle. When you feel tempted by the forces of evil, remind yourself why you are engaging in spiritual warfare and remember that with the strength of God, anything can be accomplished.
With these steps, you can fight and win the spiritual battles of life. Don’t be afraid to take on this challenge, as when done correctly, it can lead you to a righteous and fulfilling life.