Resetting GMC Oil Life
Vehicles with a GMC engine require you to reset the oil life monitor to ensure your vehicle runs smoothly and efficiently. Resetting the oil life monitor is easy to do and can be done without assistance.
- Step 1: Place the GMC key in the ignition and turn it to the on position.
- Step 2: Locate the Oil Life Reset button. On some GMC models, the button is located on the steering wheel. For certain other models, the button is on the dashboard.
- Step 3: Push and hold the Oil Life Reset button on your model of GMC.
- Step 4: When the Oil Life Reset light starts to blink, let go of the button.
- Step 5: Turn off the vehicle when the Oil Life Reset light begins to glow steadily.
- Step 6: Turn the car back on by re-inserting the key and start the engine.
Resetting the oil life monitor on a GMC can be done in a few simple steps. By following this guide, you can ensure your GMC runs smoothly and that you are always in compliance with your vehicle’s oil life reset specifications.