Missy Peregrym: A Former National Level Gymnast
Missy Peregrym is a Canadian actress and model, best known for her role in the show Rookie Blue. But did you know that before she started acting, Peregrym was a notable figure in the world of gymnastics?
Peregrym’s Competitive Gymnastics Career
Missy Peregrym began training and competing in gymnastics from the age of 6. Despite dedicating much of her time and energy to the sport throughout her teenage years, she found that her heart wasn’t in it. At the age of 16, she decided to give up competitive gymnastics and focus all of her time and energy on modeling, where she flourished and eventually made her transition into the world of acting.
Though Peregrym may not consider herself to be a gymnast anymore, she was a national level gymnast at one point, showing great promise and skill. Some of the awards and honors she achieved in her gymnastics career include:
- Canadian National All-Around Champion – 2004
- Canadian National All-Around Silver Medalist – 2003
- Four-Time Provincial All-Around Champion – 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006
- Four-Time Provincial Team Champion – 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006
- U.S. Classic Senior All-Around Champion – 2005
- U.S. Classic Senior Balance Beam Champion – 2005
Though Missy Peregrym’s career path may have changed, there’s no denying that she had an illustrious and decorated career in gymnastics. Despite deciding to focus on acting and model at the age of 16, she still holds a record of success that demonstrates her amazing natural ability in the sport.