Changing your Toyota Highlander’s oil on a regular basis is one of the best ways to keep your vehicle running well and avoid costly repair bills. If you’ve recently changed your oil, you’ll need to reset the oil life on your car to ensure that it stays in great condition. Resetting the oil life on your Toyota Highlander is a fairly easy process that can be completed in a few simple steps:
Steps for Resetting Oil Life:
- Turn the ignition to “On.” Make sure the car is not running and all accessories are turned off. Press the “Power” button, but not the “Start” button.
- Locate the “Maintenance” button. Depending on your specific model of Toyota Highlander, the “Maintenance” button may be located on the dashboard or the steering wheel.
- Press and hold the “Maintenance” button. This will bring up a menu on the dashboard. Use the arrow buttons to scroll through the menu until you find the “Oil Life Reset” option.
- Confirm the reset. Select the “Oil Life Reset” option from the menu and confirm that you wish to reset the oil life.
- Turn the ignition off. After the oil light has been reset, turn the ignition off and your Highlander is ready to go!
Following these steps will help you quickly and easily reset the oil life on your Toyota Highlander. By keeping up with oil changes and resets, you can ensure that your Toyota Highlander continues to run efficiently and reliably for years to come.